Monday, October 18, 2010

Blog 1

While trying to find a reading in the book They Say I say, I came across "In Other Words" The Art of Metacommentary. This reading caught my attention because I wntd to know not only wha this reading was about but the word meanig of Metacommentary, I knew what commentary meant but not metacommentary. So I began to read and realized after the first couple of setences that I was not the only who did not know what commentary meant.But after readingI realized that I did know what the word meant, I just had not ever heard that particular word before. am becoming very famliar wit this book and I use it a lot when I am trying to draft an essay .In this particular reading I have learned that I use the Art of Metacommentary every single and just didn't did not know that there was such a word for it.I also understand the use of metatext now, it just explains th way to interpret what is being said or sen.Well now ta I knowabout metacommentary I hope I can use it to help me better understnd the meanings of things . Come to think of it metcommentary kinda of reminds of context clues,either way they are both useful.

1 comment:

  1. "Meta" is a great prefix. It tells us that whatever it is might be a BIG idea. I am glad that you are using the book so much. I love this book.

    ReplyDelete